Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #541
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos777 View Post
Cleared with customs!

USG Ishimura is off so I transported him by car...pics in a few hours, hope he will be ok...

You and I are this thread's last hope for a quality product! Mine is currently on a UPS truck headed my way.

Based on the latest round of pics though...we're most likely screwed. If they can't even get the bars on the helmet right for other people than I'd imagine we have lots of flaws and defects coming our way.

Also...those NECA Isaacs look pretty good....

And its a huge shame that this piece is turning out so poorly. The prototype was gorgeous. I was going to pre-order Commander Shepard (sp?), Master Chief, and Naked Snake but now I'm leaning towards hanging on to my money if QC is that poor.

Too bad. I have Kratos, the latest Lara Croft PF, and I just picked up the Lara Snow Day and they are all spectacular. This company can do better.
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #542
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

hey the life bar lights up at least on the box !!
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #543
7omous

after seeing this effort im going to start praying they dont screw arthas up, the other two blizzard statues i have are masterpieces (tychus, and barbarian)
Old 10-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #544
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
it is sad..really.. I mean they jacking up prices like wild recently and except a couple of exceptions (mostly because their new entry in DC line) where they do a great job.. mostly the quality is going down hill..

SSC looks like they have a new slogan.. "pay more.. get less"

all I can suggest.. send it back with a complain letter.. let them know they can not charge whatever they feel to charge and drop down in puncto Quality. I know you guys who ordered him really wanna keep him.. but dont let them do with you whatever they want.. Make a statement
I couldn't have said it better Raas. The helmet situation is atrocious.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #545
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Rim View Post
Someone at the China factory must have been drunk while assembling mine.

HOLY ****

That's plain embarrassing.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #546
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:

This has me horrified.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #547
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:

Dang, that's crooked.
Guess what emoticon this is...

/:\||

They really f'd this up. I noticed last night that mine has more than a handful of light leaks in the helmet.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #548
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohrai_Fan View Post
You and I are this thread's last hope for a quality product! Mine is currently on a UPS truck headed my way.

Based on the latest round of pics though...we're most likely screwed. If they can't even get the bars on the helmet right for other people than I'd imagine we have lots of flaws and defects coming our way.

Also...those NECA Isaacs look pretty good....
Mine just came in, will open later today and show pics. Can hope and dream I get an awesome one but probably not.

Yeah the NECA ones are pretty cool, specially for the price back when they were around, but joints kill it for me.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #549
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Mine just came in, will open later today and show pics. Can hope and dream I get an awesome one but probably not.

Yeah the NECA ones are pretty cool, specially for the price back when they were around, but joints kill it for me.
Yeh me too.

Mine just arrived but I wont be able to open/inspect for at least 6-7 hours.

Good luck with yours.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #550
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

By first look I think I belong to the lucky ones! Only minor issues which don't really bother me and at least someone can't tell those issues without detailed examination of the statue.

- Isaac is gorgeous overall!
- I haven't any breakage issues at all.
- The helmet unlighted is a bit awkward. And I think this goes for every Clarke out there. He is inteded to be lightened up so I will never switch off mine.
- The worst issue of my Isaac is the stasis painting. Health bar is even better than stasis! Not that the health bar is excellent...Since they didn't light those things up we all knew it wouldn't be that good no matter what. The stasis meter seems like the blue paint was finishing, they hadn't more paint and it has like a "white" appeal.

I would also like to give a little tip:

This statue is a real pain to assemble. Needs time. In first try one foot was off and didn't fit inside the "pedestal" so I couldn't light him up and I was very pissed...but after little try and time I understood that the trick is to slowly try to fit both of his legs simultaneously to the leg-bases and he will seat as supposed to. I mean if you put one leg first and then go for the other than you loose...period!

You will have to excuse my pics which are about to come but I only have a crappy camera and I only post so as others who have ordered him will be helped in a way or another.

Bottom line: I am very pleased with my Isaac Clarke statue, thank God!
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote