Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-04-2024, 05:48 PM   #11
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
JND has 1 element i love. Simple, not exaggerated bases.

The total opposite to Prime1 with bases where Prime1 throws everything and their mother just to "wow" casuals, average Joes and Tubers. And Prime1 achieves it cause casuals are casuals, you know

Nevertheless, in the end, Prime1 bases look like hot mess. They are not classy and they ooze a strong TOYISH vibe.

JND lacks big time in likeness. I have 5 JND pieces and excluding WW 1984, the other sculpts are a JOKE likeness-wise. I've seen all other JND statues (the pieces i don't own) and they also lack big time.

We all know that JND has an online army of pushers and hypers (even on this forum) who belitttle anyone daring to question JND, but the market speaks for itself. Apart from WW 1984, all other JND pieces can be now found at retail or below.

The hype has died.

I like though the simple and classy bases with their minimal footprint.

This is the way also for Sideshow stepping into 1/3 Marvel comic and DC comic lines. To produce 1/3 sculpts, imposing sculpts but keep the bases and their footprint small.
I feel the same about JND's bases, and I understand your view on their likenesses. I think likeness is something that they have to continue working on. So far I think their strongest likenesses for me have been:

- Henry Cavill Geralt
- Gal Gadot Wonder Woman
- Christopher Reeve Clark Kent
- Sean Connery Henry Jones
- Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman

The Michelle Pfeiffer is the one I have ordered, and I'm actually considering the Henry Cavill Geralt now. I do think Pfeiffer isn't perfect for the civilian statue, but if I'm delivered what's seen in the promo pictures, then I am completely happy with that.

The Indiana Jones set would be at the top of my list if it wasn't for the Harrison Ford likeness. It's what holds me back despite how great I find the Sean Connery likeness. So I say this to say, I completely relate on the likeness subject.

I am also very interested in how JND fares more when likeness is not at play, but interpretation becomes more important (for example anime and video games).

For Prime 1, I do feel their bases could be simpler, but I have accepted that it is part of their design language. Though, I can't be hyper picky as like mentioned, I'm not exactly getting a ton of choices for certain licenses that I'm highly interested in.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:50 PM   #12
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Sideshow GOATING and the JND hype already died?

Anyway thx for the good read
Yes. You can EASILY buy all of JND statues below retail nowadays with the exception of WW 1984 which is the SOLE one having a 90% likeness and selling way above retail.

I am now going to write something that is going to drive all you, JND pushers/hypers, mad.

Sideshow vs JND in the last 5 years.

JND has only 1 piece selling above retail.

Sideshow has over 10 pieces selling above wayyyyyyy above retail.

Rebel Terminator, Aspen, Red Sonja 3 (and 2 also), Domino, Hawkgirl, Jane Foster, Hell Priestess etc to name a few.

WAYYYYY above retail. In some cases we are talking 1.5-2k EASILY meaning 3x-4x above retail

Sideshow is basically a BETTER investment than JND the last 5 years.

Ohhh and Exorcist, you were the poor guy that did not collect LSBs and Forps PRESSED you to start buying Infinity Studios ones? Am i right?

Infinity Studios >>>>>>>> JND

No further discussion.

JND is simply a giant hype machine having an online army of pushers. I have seen it in the past with XM, pal.

When ALONE i fought gazillion of XM pushers pushing XM's agenda and bashing Sideshow in order to "convince" us that "Sideshow sucks. Only buy XM". Nothing new for Forps.

I am ready. Bring it on!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:58 PM   #13
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
I feel the same about JND's bases, and I understand your view on their likenesses. I think likeness is something that they have to continue working on. So far I think their strongest likenesses for me have been:

- Henry Cavill Geralt
- Gal Gadot Wonder Woman
- Christopher Reeve Clark Kent
- Sean Connery Henry Jones
- Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman

The Michelle Pfeiffer is the one I have ordered, and I'm actually considering the Henry Cavill Geralt now. I do think Pfeiffer isn't perfect for the civilian statue, but if I'm delivered what's seen in the promo pictures, then I am completely happy with that.

The Indiana Jones set would be at the top of my list if it wasn't for the Harrison Ford likeness. It's what holds me back despite how great I find the Sean Connery likeness. So I say this to say, I completely relate on the likeness subject.

I am also very interested in how JND fares more when likeness is not at play, but interpretation becomes more important (for example anime and video games).

For Prime 1, I do feel their bases could be simpler, but I have accepted that it is part of their design language. Though, I can't be hyper picky as like mentioned, I'm not exactly getting a ton of choices for certain licenses that I'm highly interested in.
You are a smart man. Well, you are a God, per your nickname, so i should have expected this.

Nevertheless, from the above sculpts that you consider having a good likeness, ONLY ONE is in hand.

WW 1984.

All others are still in production (Kent is now out). So let's wait before we are sure.

JND best likeness till now (either produced or not)

1) Sean Connery
2) WW 1984
3)Kent

NOTHING ELSE. NOTHING. ZERO. NADA.

Witcher has a 70% likeness with Blitzway's one being 1/2 of the price and having a better likeness and i cannot put Pfeiffer Catwoman there wearing a mask and having only 30% of the face exposed.

JND is simply a big hype machine. And mind you that i own 5 of them.

It simply does NOT amaze me as a company. I have seen better and i am not a kid or a casual to be influenced by hyping or by guys pushing agendas.

JND is sooooo overhyped, it is ridiculous at this point.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:16 PM   #14
KiDD
Mephisto

Don't know about goats but they have been pumping a lot of pieces out lately. The new Wolverine is awesome, so is their Spidey - as long as you don't look at the anatomy on his backside, yeesh... I guess the Gambit and Rogue statue is cool as well, even though Rogue is a bit derpy on the face.

The new Batman PF looks like ass though, it has nothing on the upcoming P1 1/4's.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 07:14 PM   #15
ukshaun
Hercules

On the subject of XM i really do not know what's going on with them. For me, it feels like they have fallen off the radar.
I guess they are still making stuff. It has been a while since XM announced anything that interested me.
I am still kicking myself for not picking up Magik.

EDIT:
I just visited the XM store, looking at the 1st page of pieces, none of them interest me.
I guess XM are still selling their wares.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 07:18 PM   #16
Exorcist
The X-Men

Talking

Quote:
Ohhh and Exorcist, you were the poor guy that did not collect LSBs and Forps PRESSED you to start buying Infinity Studios ones? Am i right?

Infinity Studios >>>>>>>> JND

No further discussion.
Well you got some things correctly and some things wrong. And this is logical because you do type a lot, and it sure is fun to read

Allow me to elaborate. First of all, out of the blue you are calling me a poor guy, is this because you are trying to hurt my feelings?

And second, yes you talked very positive about LSBs, I currently possess 2 at the moment and I absolute love them, thank you for the previously given advice.

Third one, you state that IS >>>>>>>> JND…….?
I am not sure how to respond to this one….. Because IMO you ‘especially as a hardcore-veteran collector’ should know that comparing different scaled collectibles are like comparing apples to oranges.

And you end the response with; ‘No further discussion’ …
What discussion are we talking about? Because yes I also tend to think that most LSBs are better then most 1:3 scaled statues
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:28 PM   #17
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
On the subject of XM i really do not know what's going on with them. For me, it feels like they have fallen off the radar.
I guess they are still making stuff. It has been a while since XM announced anything that interested me.
I am still kicking myself for not picking up Magik.

EDIT:
I just visited the XM store, looking at the 1st page of pieces, none of them interest me.
I guess XM are still selling their wares.
XM just kinda went another direction and maybe a lot of the talent just started doing their own studios on the mainland (China) with more freedom of direction on characters. Theres heavy demand in Asia for Genshin Impact and Azur Lane type figures so a lot of the talented sculptors are out there doing those now.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:42 AM   #18
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
XM just kinda went another direction and maybe a lot of the talent just started doing their own studios on the mainland (China) with more freedom of direction on characters. Theres heavy demand in Asia for Genshin Impact and Azur Lane type figures so a lot of the talented sculptors are out there doing those now.
I don't know what XM is doing and i don't care. XM is the root of majority of problems in this hobby. Its PAST (who knows XM's past and the reason Sideshow NEVER worked with them and NEVER will?), its tactics used, the build-up of an online army, sending "freebies" to anyone and their mother as long as they praised her, the hordes of Sideshow bashers and haters, Tubers cooperating with her, the driving up of prices (yes, XM and Prime1 are to be blamed for the crazy prices, i can analyze it in the future), its laughable sculpts and many other things. I wish XM all well but i don't care for its products.

I blame Sideshow for caring so much about XM and not realizing the MAJOR THREAT Prime1 posed for her. Sideshow back then was a hot mess with guys there living in "La-la-la" land, art direction non-existent, business decisions being laughable.

But all of this is past. Let's concentrate on the present and the future.

What can other companies do to fend off Sideshow's unbelievable come-back?
Old 05-05-2024, 10:19 AM   #19
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Well you got some things correctly and some things wrong. And this is logical because you do type a lot, and it sure is fun to read

Allow me to elaborate. First of all, out of the blue you are calling me a poor guy, is this because you are trying to hurt my feelings?

And second, yes you talked very positive about LSBs, I currently possess 2 at the moment and I absolute love them, thank you for the previously given advice.

Third one, you state that IS >>>>>>>> JND??.?
I am not sure how to respond to this one?.. Because IMO you ?especially as a hardcore-veteran collector? should know that comparing different scaled collectibles are like comparing apples to oranges.

And you end the response with; ?No further discussion? ?
What discussion are we talking about? Because yes I also tend to think that most LSBs are better then most 1:3 scaled statues
Do you take any comment by heart, my friend? I was not referring to money OFC. You buy JND, so you have money. I was joking and the meaning was that

"Exorcist. You think that JND is the best company? Well, buy eg Hathaway's LSB by Infinity Studio and check if JND has the best likeness or if it is the best company out there.

Infinity Studio is MILESSSSSS better in actor/actress likeness than JND. It is not even a discussion at this point.

Or compare Mera LSB vs Mera 1/3 from JND. Infinity again wins easily.

"Poor man", buy 6-7 Infinity Studios LSBs and you are going to be more objective towards JND. Cause i "smell" that JND is something like a religion for you".

Don't be tooo thin-skinned like Kevin Durant. Being thin-skinned, thinking that someone is always "attacking" you etc is NOT going to help you in life or in your job (i don't know maybe you are simply an investor and don't work with people etc. Don't take it again personally).

This was a general lesson taught to you by Forps. Do not OVERANALYZE and do not take everything, even a simple word, to heart.

Life lesson taught again. Forps is GOATing here, guys! I love it!
Old 05-05-2024, 10:28 AM   #20
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
I don't know what XM is doing and i don't care. XM is the root of majority of problems in this hobby. Its PAST (who knows XM's past and the reason Sideshow NEVER worked with them and NEVER will?), its tactics used, the build-up of an online army, sending "freebies" to anyone and their mother as long as they praised her, the hordes of Sideshow bashers and haters, Tubers cooperating with her, the driving up of prices (yes, XM and Prime1 are to be blamed for the crazy prices, i can analyze it in the future), its laughable sculpts and many other things. I wish XM all well but i don't care for its products.

I blame Sideshow for caring so much about XM and not realizing the MAJOR THREAT Prime1 posed for her. Sideshow back then was a hot mess with guys there living in "La-la-la" land, art direction non-existent, business decisions being laughable.

But all of this is past. Let's concentrate on the present and the future.

What can other companies do to fend off Sideshow's unbelievable come-back?
Stick to other licenses maybe? DC and Marvel isn't exactly hot, so maybe tweeterhead and sideshow are producing all that the market wants now. I mean I can't even imagine anyone caring about a Wonder Woman 1982 statue, so it isn't exactly something to fight over if thats the case.

I hope Prime1 keep doing gaming and anime in 1/4
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote