Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-26-2024, 09:46 AM   #51
cigaro
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
People want Aliens to match the P1 preds so why wouldn't they be happy? It's not like they are just doing a reissue at a different scale like with their Batman Hush line which is what people get upset about.
I'm not suggesting people would be upset about new alien statues but rather the fact that the products they originally spent thousands of dollars on are not accurate in their 1/3 scale labeling.

I just always find it interesting to see what the collecting community is willing to turn the other cheek on. If a company like JND pulled something like this (releasing 1/3 statues that were clearly not scaled correctly, and then announcing an "XL" line to correct that issue) they would be catching major ---- about it.

And again this is coming from someone who loves prime 1, 80% of my statue room is prime 1. I just find this XL moniker and everyone's complete acceptance of it very interesting

I see every day on these forums and facebook groups people meticulously point out inaccuracies, scale issues with mock up measurements etc, and now people are just like "yeah, correct scaling just isn't something that happens so it makes sense prime 1 would release a new line that will cost me thousands more to get an accurate display".

I guess the company knows what it can get away with with their predator and alien collectors
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:03 AM   #52
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigaro View Post
If a company like JND pulled something like this (releasing 1/3 statues that were clearly not scaled correctly, and then announcing an "XL" line to correct that issue) they would be catching major ---- about it.
But this is actually the other way around. The already released aliens are scaled correctly. If anything, it's Pred fans that might feel "slighted" for not having actual 1:3 Preds.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:07 AM   #53
cigaro
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
But this is actually the other way around. The already released aliens are scaled correctly. If anything, it's Pred fans that might feel "slighted" for not having actual 1:3 Preds.
I never said the Alien statues are the ones that are off scale, but the crossover is clearly there so those who have the predators probably have the aliens as well, and this line will "fix" that problem for them.

The point still stands. This "XL" line is correcting their error in 1/3 Predator scaling. I didn't specify because I think most that are involved in these conversations on a forum like this know which are inaccurate.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #54
SDguy

I recall plenty of complaints in the Pred thread, including my own. I would have much preferred a true 1/3 Pred, and would have happily bought the already released 1/3 Alien. Of course now having Pred in hand, and appreciating his imposing size, I've gotten over it lol.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:11 AM   #55
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I never said the Alien statues are the ones that are off scale
Well, it seemed to be implied here:

Quote:
If a company like JND pulled something like this (releasing 1/3 statues that were clearly not scaled correctly, and then announcing an "XL" line to correct that issue) they would be catching major ---- about it.
But anyway...

Quote:
The point still stands. This "XL" line is correcting their error in 1/3 Predator scaling.
Again, no, it isn't. The scaling error with Preds is still there.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:19 AM   #56
cigaro
Justice League

Quote:
Well, it seemed to be implied here:

But anyway...

Again, no, it isn't. The scaling error with Preds is still there.
Come on Shoo, obviously I am not implying that this is going to actually fix the scale of the predator statues. That would be an absurd suggestion as they are items that have been produced already.

Making a new line with the XL moniker effectively fixes the scaling issue because it brings products that are now bigger to match those predator pieces.

I obviously understand that it doesnt magically make the products a true 1/3 scale, but certainly you can understand what I mean.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:26 AM   #57
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Come on Shoo, obviously I am not implying that this is going to actually fix the scale of the predator statues. That would be an absurd suggestion as they are items that have been produced already.

Making a new line with the XL moniker effectively fixes the scaling issue because it brings products that are now bigger to match those predator pieces.

I obviously understand that it doesnt magically make the products a true 1/3 scale, but certainly you can understand what I mean.

Yes, I understand that, from the point of view of someone who collects both Aliens and Preds, the previous situation was far from ideal. It's just that the JND analogy wasn't really successful to me. After all, it's like SDguy said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
it's not like these are being made instead of 1/3 pieces, it's in addition to.... are we really complaining about more Alien goodness being made?
So yeah, I for one would like Prime 1 to make smaller Preds, and an XL Aliens line doesn't really "fix" the current Preds any more than an XL RoboCop and a whole new line of XL characters would.

But yeah, I do get what you mean.

And I understand the situation of people who already bought the previous Aliens.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:30 AM   #58
SDguy

Quote:

So yeah, I for one would like Prime 1 to make smaller Preds, and an XL Aliens line doesn't really "fix" the current Preds any more than a XL RoboCop and a whole new line of XL characters would.

But yeah, I do get what you mean.

And I understand the situation of people who already bought the previous Aliens.
The added complication here is that their 1/4 Pred is also oversized, so they'd have to make a SLIGHTY bigger (or maybe same size as the 1/4?) but better painted Pred (and on a personal note, better posed ).... that all starts to get even weirder/messier, than this XL business IMO.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:30 AM   #59
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It's actually quite simple. Prime 1 had this planned out from the inception of the oversized Pred line to double dip on sales of their Alien statues.

I bought the original true 1/3 scale Aliens and have the JH that doesn't scale, so now I'm pondering on upgrading? It's all about money and is intentional. At least the aliens should cost less than the Preds as far as production cost though. Key word should!
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:32 AM   #60
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
The added complication here is that their 1/4 Pred is also oversized
Those villains!

But really, just give me a new 1/4 JH Pred.