Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #501
SycoCollectible
Kindly Asked To Leave

Cyrax says hello:

http://sycocollectibles.com/content/...-format-statue

Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #502
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Any updates on the Scorpion 18"? Are we (europe) gonna see him this year?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #503
Hanzo
I am da law!

Cyrax looks absolutely incredible, but i feel he wont be complete without sektor, is he coming sometime in the future?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #504
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Aaaaannnd no Scorpion PF this year. Is that exclusive base finished? Why not ship the regulars out already? I know why, but I just want mine...
Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #505
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Exclamation

I've said this once but I'll say it again. Some say delays are part of the game. But I really think Syco has bitten off more than they can chew.

Skarlet
Sindel
Sonya 10"
Sonya 18"
Scorpion
Cyrax
Lui Kang
Johnny Cage
Motaro
Sub-zero's fatality
Smoke
Rain
Noob Saibot
Shao Kahn bust
Scorpion exclusive bust
Reptile and Scorpion mini heads

And they recently stated that yet another new statue is about to be announced!

I don't understand how they can start focussing on new statues like Smoke and get their paint masters up while others like e.g. Liu Kang and Rain still aren't released. It just makes a disorganized impression.

They said all the ones that weren't released yet would come out in the foreseeable future but man do I not see that happening.

I wonder how many people by this time have asked for their money back. I mean people have to pay up front for a statue which will come out maybe early next year or perhaps in the second quarter...or hey maybe it's the third quarter, who is to say?

It's just not a wise way to go about things. The customers need(ed) guarantees and clarity, Syco. All this stuff about "in this business things change so much" can't really be used as an excuse. Just as "we had problems at the factory". What kind of problems? Some explosion? Or...what? It's just too vague. Plus if things "change a lot in the business" then adapt the manner in which you communicate to the customers. Don't get people all excited and then let them down time and time again because of mysterious "problems at the factory" and whatnot.

I may not work in the statue business and I might not have completely seen things right but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a percentage of truth to what I said. It's meant as advice. If you ask me you do really need to improve some things about how you conduct your business.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #506
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
You are absolutely correct Er. This is what made me sold my statues and got out of Syco. Out of sight, out of mind is one of the codes I go by. They announce all these statues and get you excited, then take forever to go into production.

This to me is also a problem of maybe the 18" line not doing as well as they hoped. Maybe that is the cause for the huge delay. Who knows?

I just think they have taken on too much product, and gotten way too expensive in too short a time. The market doesn't get that expensive that fast. Originally, the regular Scorpion 18" was priced at $299 (with a 20% discount I might add). Now the Ex, which is nothing more than a different base adds another $100 to that? Get the hell out of here with that nonsense. Plus no 20% discount to boot. That logic does not compute.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #507
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Good points, Loric.

They seem to have dug themselves into a hole and I'd be surpised if they got out of it any time soon.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #508
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

They don't even give the discount to Test Your Might members either. I know for awhile they were advertising on TYM but not anymore.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #509
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I asked for a refund on my Scorpion PF. Paid for it back in April, tired of waiting due to multiple delays.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #510
kingofhobbies
Kindly Asked To Leave

Take it easy guys,
They are just over their heads with the new license they are running for, everything is coming
Don't cancel the orders guys, scorpion PF base is huge and beautiful , you really don't want to miss it
Closed Thread