Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-09-2024, 07:34 AM   #441
sabin23
Birdman

How is this Catwoman statue still waitlisted but not sold out?

Are there still people on payment plans that have not completed paying off the balance?

Seems like the statue was sold out a long time ago so I figured all those payment plans from over a year ago had completed.

The odds are low for my wait list conversion.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 07:38 AM   #442
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm looking for opinions....

What would you rather buy, this Blitzway Catwoman or the JND Arwen piece?....and why?
I would choose for the Arwen statue, because the ultimate 1992 Catwoman has yet to be revealed

Although I truly love this statue, IMHO it is one of Blitzways best achievements yet
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 09:30 AM   #443
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Is there even choice.

This Catwoman was more or less well received when it was originally shown off. And now that people have it in hand, that good opinion has only gone up.

Whereas except for a few pockets, the Arwen piece was pretty much burnt at the stake, especially in more general forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Objectively, Catwoman has more shelf presence and is more accurate to the character/actress.

While the Arwen is a beautiful piece, the likeness to Liv Tyler could use some work.

Ultimately, the decision should come down to which movie or character you like more.

I own several JND statues but I had to pass on Arwen - I like but don't love the character and the sculpt was not good enough IMO.

JND is hit and miss. Their Bale Batman looks too old but they've done some good work on Mera, Wonder Woman and Harley. My main concern with JND is what is the long term shelf life of the silicone.
Thanks for your opinions gents

The outcome is basically what I expected. Although I've made my peace with the likeness debate, the overall feel of the Arwen statue seems....well, boring. I love the realism and general artistry behind the piece....but as a character study, over time, I've come to see the piece as a woman in a dress....the dress itself holds a relatively low level of detail (I'm not a dress conniseur) and it looks like something a granny would wear around the house....not something a High Elf would wear on a grand occasion, such as her wedding day

I can't seem to get over the fact that I wish JND had presented this character in a more - interesting phase of her character arc - for example the Frodo rescue scene.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
I would choose for the Arwen statue, because the ultimate 1992 Catwoman has yet to be revealed

Although I truly love this statue, IMHO it is one of Blitzways best achievements yet
I see.....thank you for the subtle heads up. That said, I do think owning this Blitzway piece wouldn't deter me from owning another version from another company.....no, not Darkside....definitely not Darkside
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 10:08 AM   #444
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I see.....thank you for the subtle heads up. That said, I do think owning this Blitzway piece wouldn't deter me from owning another version from another company.....no, not Darkside....definitely not Darkside
That's where I stand, too. I have 3 Pfeiffer Catwomen (both Tweeterhead's 1/6 and 1/4 and now this) and I definitely might make room for... more.

I'm counting the days.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 10:40 AM   #445
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

IMO, Blitzway's statue is so good that, even if JND arrives with a killer piece, I won't regret my choice. However, I would not say no to an unmasked bust.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM   #446
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I'm looking for opinions....

What would you rather buy, this Blitzway Catwoman or the JND Arwen piece?....and why?
Blitzway, half the price....and the Catwoman looks better than the Arwen.
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:47 PM   #447
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Catwoman or Arwen? I’d say it’s completely personal opinion. Which character you prefer, which statue representation appeals to you more, all those factors.
My view with Arwen is the flaw isn’t likeness it’s the dress. For the quality JND present that dress is not good. They may say it’s a high quality fabric but if it looks cheap then it looks cheap and sadly it does. It’s easy to see the look they were trying to achieve but that material is not doing it.
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 02:47 PM   #448
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonPixie View Post
Catwoman or Arwen? I?d say it?s completely personal opinion. Which character you prefer, which statue representation appeals to you more, all those factors.
My view with Arwen is the flaw isn?t likeness it?s the dress. For the quality JND present that dress is not good. They may say it?s a high quality fabric but if it looks cheap then it looks cheap and sadly it does. It?s easy to see the look they were trying to achieve but that material is not doing it.
While I didn't care much for the likeness, I also didn't care much for the outfit either. I was surprised when it was revealed, nearly no one was commenting on it, even when screencaps were posted to the thread. One looked like a cheap frock you would buy from your local hole in the wall store, whereas the one on film was, well magical in comparison.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 09:15 PM   #449
pdenham
Teen Titans

The one thing that plain Arwen frock has going for it is- in a area full of figures that are clad in primarily darker, black, or primary colored ensembles, that expanse of stark white is going to stand out (per intent) as something somewhat ethereal.

I agree it seems boring in isolation, and when viewed singularly. In an environment where it is in close proximity to other pieces is where it may shine a lot brighter.

Even as an object d'art, or a room accent, Arwen might be more desirable because dark toned figures are de rigueur with this hobby. Something predominantly white is almost like a breath of fresh air. That's why I had a hard time choosing a PCS storm. I still have reservations about going with the black because of what I just said.

Just throwing that out there, even though I would personally take this Catwoman over it with very little hesitation. Even if they were priced the same.
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 03:52 PM   #450
Shoo
Hercules

After unboxing this, I can only say "wow". She's real, and she's spectacular.

The fact that such a beautiful statue has been made of my favorite combination of actor and character fills me with joy. This is now my favorite piece in my collection, and I'm not saying this just because of its novelty - that is Michelle Pfeiffer in my nerd room!

I'm afraid there has been a casualty, though. I certainly didn't think that my 1/4 Tweeterhead Pfeiffer had a stellar likeness, but to me it was a very, very good statue overall.

Sadly, now that it's sharing the same space with Blitzway's piece, it has lost a huge lot of appeal in my eyes precisely because of how un-pfeifferish its portrait looks in comparison, mainly because of the eyes. :-/

Strangely enough, TH's own 1/6 piece still holds up, though.

Anyway, I'm not posting any pics because there's just no way I can improve on those by Pacman above or NorthernLad, but if you're a Pfeiffer devotee as I am, you definitely can't go wrong with this, no matter what the (near) future may bring.

10/10.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote