metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Miley Cyrus
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:50 AM   #433
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The first two FF movies were forgettable with poor casting with the exception of Johnny Storm. Ironically I think the best actor in this retelling is the actor playing Johnny Storm. Kate Mara is no where near as good as her sister and lacks charisma. She was adequate in Game of Cards but you could see she was totally out matched by the rest of the cast. That could be her problem here too. Jamie Bell has shown promise in the past but I just do not see him as The Thing, maybe a young Ben Grimm. I guess they could have a voice actor play TT. I haven't heard of the other actor so cannot comment.

They are going for a young look in the hopes that they can get 2-3 movies out of them depending on success. Unfortunately I don't think audiences and the general public are mature enough to give this a chance. I can see the internet disintegrating into a debate on race with elements rearing their ugly heads.

The blame for the lack of diversity among super heros lays at the feet of Marvel and DC. The stereotypical enemies were also lazy writing and attached themselves to people's bias and misconceptions. Hollywood followed suit.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #434
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

The casting is still a rumor
Old 02-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #435
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
The casting is still a mess
yes, yes it is isn't it.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #436
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Is it the case that this movie needs to be in theaters by Fall of next year? If not the property rights revert to Marvel.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #437
kaza5555
New Republic

Fox has really taken a step back with the franchise. Hate the casting. I am terrified with the direction they might go with looks for the Thing, Doctor Doom, and the uniforms. Only a strong script is going to save this movie for me.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #438
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

you can count me OUT. This will be the 1st comic book related (inspired) movie that I will never see or own. Keep in mind that I have Man-Thing in my collection. Whether the script is spot on (which I doubt it) when you miscast this badly on purpose for diversity's sake, you turn your back on 50+ years of continuity. I didn't create the characters but I do enjoy them the way they were intended. I had no problem with Alicia Masters or Perry White being black, though Jimmy Olsen being a girl was just stupid. If you want to showcase a black superhero please make us a Luke Cage or a Black Panther movie. Either one would be very cool as both are total bad-asses. Stay true to the original ideals or don't do it. In addition to the Torch casting the other choices look terrible. The kid playing Reed doesn't look like he could tie his shoes let alone study cosmic rays or create anything. He would have no chance of landing a girl like Sue. A total fail. The positive here is when this fails worse than Roger Corman's FF (which I own) the rights will go back to Marvel and they can fix it in time.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #439
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Even if the movie fails the license doesn't automatically go back to Marvel. The decision is ultimately FOX's.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #440
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I would love to strangle all the “creative” “genius’s” involved with this move. F’n assclowns. So frustrating. Terrible.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote