Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #21
enzo
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman29 View Post
Enzo, you know what I thought about the CM Godfather I bought and made the sad decision to return it.

... And know I am looking at the CM I do have (Arnold, Alien, Predator, and soon Endo which is on order) and wondering if I should just collect them all, lol. I know you are on track, and your stuff must be looking pretty impressive on the 1/3 scale with this kind of detail.

What do you think the Bruce Lee will look like? I want to get it, but again, getting iffy ... .
I think the bruce is going to be ground breaking, looks like Cm just gets better and better and higher quality with each release, the silicon used on Indy and GF to me is better and way more realistic than the silicon on the arnie and aragorn portraits, it has more of a translucent look to it like real skin as opposed to the heavily painted silicon they used on the arnie and aragorn ones, dont get me wrong I absolutley love the arnie and aragorn, but like I said they have definatly stepped it up as far as realism goes IMO, so to answer ur question, from protos looks like bruce will have the same silicon which really shows the pours and wrinkles they have added eyelashes which is a real treat and to me it looks like acrylic or glass eyes (not confirmed) but that is what it looks like and the costuming speaks for itself. For mr bruce is one of my most anticipated Cm's

Yes I am on the border line of completing the CM set, but i really cannot decide if I want 3 cm to represent the terminator franchise, but the more I look at the tx and t800 the more I want to add them to my collection, but Once the collection is up I just dont think it will look right with great iconic characters from all movies then 3 terminator ones. So I am keeping an eye out and if I can find a great deal I will probably pick one up.
enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #22
Vader
Ghost

the t-800 is a very iconic piece.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #23
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I'd forgotten how cool that Sideshow Pred was. I sold the excl. when I learned the CM was coming out because I knew I wouldn't have room for both. The only thing about the Sideshow is that the pose is more dynamic and he's a bit bulkier, plus the change-o head/helmet and stand really make cor an outstanding display. That said, I still prefer the CM because of the larger scale so it goes with the T-800 and TX.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #24
Vader
Ghost

the sideshow is more accurate. I love it as much.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #25
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Batman, do you have one on order with Cinemaquette direct (their waiting list)?
Yes, well kind of. My adopted sis in the US has one on order which she is giving (selling) me. She got it in literally the last day they accepted orders. I called the next day after her and they had stopped taking orders. They did caution me from buying a used one that was not packaged properly. Apparantly, the endo has many many styrofoam pieces and inserts to protect it in shipping. I wouldn't mind seeing just a pic of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyqueen View Post
Received mine a week ago and it still amazes me! Wich # did you get?

Congrats on receiving the king of scaled collectibles!!
Thanks Kinky. I received #45. Congrats to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
Such a piece is indeed a fabulous and worthy addition to a collection when it is able to continually demand ones attention and give so much pleasure.
Very true Triology. That is a major signe when it continues to get your attention. Well said.
Batman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #26
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo View Post
I think the bruce is going to be ground breaking, looks like Cm just gets better and better and higher quality with each release, the silicon used on Indy and GF to me is better and way more realistic than the silicon on the arnie and aragorn portraits, it has more of a translucent look to it like real skin as opposed to the heavily painted silicon they used on the arnie and aragorn ones, dont get me wrong I absolutley love the arnie and aragorn, but like I said they have definatly stepped it up as far as realism goes IMO, so to answer ur question, from protos looks like bruce will have the same silicon which really shows the pours and wrinkles they have added eyelashes which is a real treat and to me it looks like acrylic or glass eyes (not confirmed) but that is what it looks like and the costuming speaks for itself. For mr bruce is one of my most anticipated Cm's

Yes I am on the border line of completing the CM set, but i really cannot decide if I want 3 cm to represent the terminator franchise, but the more I look at the tx and t800 the more I want to add them to my collection, but Once the collection is up I just dont think it will look right with great iconic characters from all movies then 3 terminator ones. So I am keeping an eye out and if I can find a great deal I will probably pick one up.

You bring up some good points on the Bruce Lee. As a result, I have decided I will give it a chance. Thanks.

I know what you mean by having the three TM franchise. I have the Arnold and the TX, and awaiting the Endo. They certainly will dominate simply because of the number from that franchise.

But I have ended up going all three. When they all display together I will decide at that point (probably will keep them all, lol).

I will let you know if I run across my travels on any good deals on those.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #27
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
the t-800 is a very iconic piece.
I agree. I have just started noticing that (I know, I must have been blind to it before).
Old 05-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #28
enzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman29 View Post
You bring up some good points on the Bruce Lee. As a result, I have decided I will give it a chance. Thanks.

I know what you mean by having the three TM franchise. I have the Arnold and the TX, and awaiting the Endo. They certainly will dominate simply because of the number from that franchise.

But I have ended up going all three. When they all display together I will decide at that point (probably will keep them all, lol).

I will let you know if I run across my travels on any good deals on those.
Thanks for keeping me in mind,

Dont wuote me on the bruce that was just my opinion, LOL

I am sure that if u display all the CM terminators together, it would make for an outstanding display.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 AM   #29
Batman29
Sinister Six
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo View Post
Thanks for keeping me in mind,

Dont wuote me on the bruce that was just my opinion, LOL

I am sure that if u display all the CM terminators together, it would make for an outstanding display.
Hey Enzo, I understand it is your opinion, and it is that which I valued that I base it on.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #30
enzo

thanks bat, means alot