Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-17-2023, 03:56 PM   #231
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Seems like they want to punish people for not ordering direct with those markups.
but if shipping + customs is indeed almost $1000 thru JND, isn't SF a better deal since you save at least $200+?
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 04:27 PM   #232
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

From my experience, the final cost is almost the same whether direct or not. Direct, you'll pay almost double for shipping and duties. JND will claim the full amount where as indirect, they only claim small portion to save you tax. Benefit is you will get it months earlier.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 06:29 PM   #233
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
but if shipping + customs is indeed almost $1000 thru JND, isn't SF a better deal since you save at least $200+?
Where is that extra money going though? The whole point of going with a retailer to get it cheaper by not paying higher international shipping nor import fees. It sounds like JND is not giving retailers a lower price and just sticking us with the middleman markup.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 06:46 PM   #234
dw316
Justice League

wait, I'm confused, but then again math was never my strong suit, haha

if the jnd dual price shipping and customs amounted to $1000 as others suggest, we would be paying $4600 total, but SF is at $4380 with shipping included, wouldn't that be saving the customer money to be a few months more patient, or is there a fee that's missing? are retailers eating up that difference for the customers? I'm trying to understand the costs a little better, if someone could explain. apologies, thank you much
Old 06-17-2023, 07:18 PM   #235
tarim69
Sailor Moon

The way I understand it is you'll actually pay a little.less through someplace like Spec when you consider the fees ordering direct through JND.
You'll have to wait a bit longer though.

Another thing to consider is if you have an issue with a piece, it'll be easier to send it back to or get a replacement from Cali rather than Korea.

So to me, Spec is the way to go.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 07:20 PM   #236
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
wait, I'm confused, but then again math was never my strong suit, haha

if the jnd dual price shipping and customs amounted to $1000 as others suggest, we would be paying $4600 total, but SF is at $4380 with shipping included, wouldn't that be saving the customer money to be a few months more patient, or is there a fee that's missing? are retailers eating up that difference for the customers? I'm trying to understand the costs a little better, if someone could explain. apologies, thank you much
My answer would say yes if you live in the US (all in).

I'm from Canada. So I would have to pay shipping and duties regardless. But like I said, shipping and duties will be cheaper from distributors. So, it would pretty much be same for me. I have purchased from 2 different distributors and JND direct. If I missed out, I would go with SF.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:41 PM   #237
dw316
Justice League

I see, okay I was a little confused before because I thought we are actually paying more if we ordered from a retailer, but I guess that depends on your location and which retailer.

also, does comic concepts price include shipping? They seem to be a little less than SF.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:56 PM   #238
Irenicus
The Spirit

Cmac said that he spent around 800 for shipping and taxes when buying the Batman Duo directly from JND.

It should be a similar price to Spec or slightly more expensive. Hopefully shipping costs will be back to normal by 2024.

And again you get 5% rewards from JND if you plan to get others from them.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 08:00 PM   #239
Irenicus
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Your tweaks are spot on. They've perfected the statue. You should send the before-and-after image to JND directly and demand them to make adjustments accordingly.
Yes Electric Tiki, please send your tweaks to JND directly. This Duo deserves to be better.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 08:50 PM   #240
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Mera direct from JND cost me $260 for shipping and $366 for duties

WW and Catwoman from distributors are less than $200 for shipping and duties is less than $100.

This dual will definitely be more.