Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 06-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I love Batman but really hate Judd Winick this is an easy pass for me.
Flash Rebirth is great.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
I'm actually a big fan of wade wilson, I haven't read it yet though I loved the crossover with thunderolts...

and no red robin but I do have detective (rucka and the question) and gotham city sirens on my pull list.
How 'bout Dini's Streets of Gotham, Sam? The 'tec team of Dini and Nguyen are on this new Batman book and I'm definitely gonna pick it up just based on these guys' track record.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I love Batman but really hate Judd Winick this is an easy pass for me.
Flash Rebirth is great.
I was going to pass on it, too, but glad I didn't. LO, it's a one shot story and I'd recommend picking it up to see.

At this point I'm having a hard time calling Flash: Rebirth "great." It's good, for sure, but I'm still not completely sold on it.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Quote:
I was going to pass on it, too, but glad I didn't. LO, it's a one shot story and I'd recommend picking it up to see.
At this point I'm having a hard time calling Flash: Rebirth "great." It's good, for sure, but I'm still not completely sold on it.
The problem is the last book I read with Batman was Final Crisis I passed on all those BOTC books and I don't see myself getting them to catch up.
The next Batman book I get will have Bruce Wayne in it returning.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #15
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
Almost picked it up... but confess that the pull list isn't what it once was and the whole Bat franchise was iffy at best for the past few months...It's put me off DC except for Lantern.

I may wait to hear how the series is doing before I check it out...
It's a good start.. Quite solid.. Decent art, And I am very interested in seeing why
( SPOILER)

Tim got booted frm the robin gig, and what he makes of himself Now.. I think you can give it a shot.
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #16
supahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
I'm actually a big fan of wade wilson, I haven't read it yet though I loved the crossover with thunderolts...

and no red robin but I do have detective (rucka and the question) and gotham city sirens on my pull list.
I read the Thunderbolts arc the first thing yesterday, Too good.

The bullseye one, beleive me is better, He used Ironman's chestplate as armour last time around, Yu won't beleive what he uses this time.. And the banter, has another crazy man, Bullseye added to it..

Wait.. m gonna go re-read.. it.. Awesome stuff..
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #17
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I have just started to read some of the old Deadpool books and I have to say I am impressed. I will prolly go back and try to find some trades, if they have them. If not, I guess I will hunt down the individual issues.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
supahman

Hey guys.. Finished readin' Wolverine on the way home frm wrk, what a shame after reading the last issue with Kubert onthe job, It was such a wonderful book with all those no word panels.. THis time sadly.. it's Emo Wolvie.. N i hate Emo Wolvie..

Next time.. It's Dark Wolverine.. Dunno if i am up fr that.. bt Daniel way has a way of persuadin me.. lessee..
Old 06-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #19
rilynil

I'm enjoying the Flash book, although I'm don't really know all the Flash's history and his various incarnations. I LOVED the bit with Superman about their past races.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #20
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I'm enjoying the Flash book, although I'm don't really know all the Flash's history and his various incarnations. I LOVED the bit with Superman about their past races.
You dont think Johns does a good job of bringing everyone up to speed with all the players though?

He's been pretty good with that for years now imo...for example when he explained Liberty Belle's relationship with her speedster dad from the golden age which of course had a purpose.

We even get a glimpse into Barry's trial which touches on the history between him and the villain in the ending.

Unlike many writers out there, Johns always likes to give new readers a quick history lesson while invoking new twists & turns for veteran readers to make for an exciting story.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote