Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2024, 04:21 PM   #151
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
It's always nice to see a fellow man of culture, Detroit is my go to NHL team as well
My Zetterberg team Sweden jersey...I had Henrik sign it back in the day, but unfortunately the marker was sh!t and it's tough to see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zetterberg.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	559.7 KB
ID:	170432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zetterberg2.jpg
Size:	545.4 KB
ID:	170433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zetterberg3.jpg
Size:	620.6 KB
ID:	170434  
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:11 PM   #152
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
The dream! A Berholtz Ichigo, a Canale Goku, a Harbottle Naruto...Forps would be in heaven.

What about a Goku, Ichigo, Naruto sculpted by Bel. You, anime fans, can have him sculpting anime pieces for the next 10y. Anime pieces already look like toys, the sculpts are chilid-ish, so he is going to GOAT sculpting anime. No problemo.

We've got Harbottle, Panfilova, Phillips, Canale, Peterson, Newman, Schumacher, we may bring Bergholtz back.

Deal. You've got your guy, anime fans. We are all now pleased.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:29 PM   #153
KiDD
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
The dream! A Berholtz Ichigo, a Canale Goku, a Harbottle Naruto...Forps would be in heaven.
We've done it fellows, this is the golden path! He's gonna be known as Will Narbottle from now on as he's only going to be allowed to sculpt Naruto statues.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:35 PM   #154
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
We've done it fellows, this is the golden path! He's gonna be known as Will Narbottle from now on as he's only going to be allowed to sculpt Naruto statues.

I knew MPCanes is a God @ one-liners, but KiDD also?
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:26 AM   #155
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
So you think Sideshow would still sell statues for say $300 if they where the only ones doing 1/4 statues instead of continue raising prices just as they have, to see how far they can push?
It's obviously a good excuse to be able to say someone else made us do it, but it feels to me like it's naive to believe they would have lower prices just given the chance.

Where is that information coming from anyway?
I checked out of this forum for a few days so missed this. But this has been stated by the producers themselves. I cant help it if you are willfully ignorant about how the market for this hobby works and dont want to pay any attention to what is happening around you. It is a lot more convenient to just vilify a company while ignoring what the producers themselves are saying. Fact, ARH was very upfront about the pricing structure in China making them noncompetitive and unable to get enough orders to even get in line at these factories. They were very transparent about the constantly rising factory costs too. It didnt cost them anymore to produce an idea, get it sculpted, but it was costing more and more every day to get it produced. And guess what, there were not other options to just go to in order to have these done. You cant shop for a lower price when there are no other producers. And no matter what you think of the end product, these factory painters etc, are highly skilled. More producers makes them even more in demand.

Heck, XM, to their credit, figured this out quick. They quickly brokered deals with top factories and outbid other competitors to get a leg up. This in turn led to rapid price increases, more detailed sculpts (in part to help justify these ever increasing prices). All this information is out there if you care a whit to look into it.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:35 AM   #156
qz33
Baron Zemo

You're a good writer Tbolt.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:46 AM   #157
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You're a good writer Tbolt.
Thanks, in a past life I was a paid journalist, before the internet took over and print media died. Led me back to a career in the Army when I couldn't scratch out a decent living pursuing that dream. Now I get to write Policy letters, Executive Summary's, MOU's, and have a published regulation to my credit. My real passion is forum posting though, lol.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:49 AM   #158
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

just bring on Mystique Sideshow.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:51 AM   #159
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Agreed, though, hopefully she's not mopping a floor.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:52 AM   #160
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
No kiddin. I don't even like Mystique and I'd love to see something. Slow as hell around here.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote