Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-09-2023, 07:33 PM   #141
RealTweeterhead
Fantastic Four

There are 21 pieces in the super powers line. What would be considered "complete"? We can't just make pieces that only sell in the dozens. Chad and the rest of the team are fans and collectors too, and we all have things we would love to make, but we also have a market demand to meet. 21 pieces is a BIG line.
RealTweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:35 PM   #142
RealTweeterhead
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I've already agreed that some of the original 7 were made in the 1.0 line and some were made in the 2.0 line.

You don't think that's completing the original 7. I do.
2.0 isn't a closed line. Technically, neither is Super Powers. We could make something for the line of we choose to. We have more concepts in development for 2.0 right now that you haven't seen yet. Chad mentioned multiple times that this bust line isn't replacing anything. It's an addition collectors choice that we will develop along side the other lines. We're adding Thundercats too, remember.
Old 11-09-2023, 07:39 PM   #143
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
If they got behind their own line and continued to make way upstream release after release similar to how Randy did month after month phase after phase, they would find it would pay dividends on future releases, as the addiction would set in and collectors would be hooked.
At what point does the addiction set in? Another 20 statues with ES's under 200? Gotta let the Bowen thing go, only Iron Studios is gonna pull off what you're saying.

Quote:
in a time when all companies are pushing the limits and make masterpiece after masterpiece, a move to a 1:3 bust line is not the right direction.

The 1:6 Joker on Throne was a groundbreaking piece, same with the Heman on Battlecat. Tweeterhead obviously has what it takes to make very special pieces that people get excited to spend $1000+ on. IMO they are phoning it in with this line and moving into the slow lane, they are better than this. if this is the direction they want to go, it's Chad's company...but i think it's a foolish move.
It sounds like you're projecting your wishes onto the entire community plus contradicting your own posts. I don't know why you would want to take one of the cheaper companies and force them to make $1000 pieces. Prime 1 already exists.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:45 PM   #144
RealTweeterhead
Fantastic Four

Quote:
iIMO they are phoning it in with this line and moving into the slow lane, they are better than this. if this is the direction they want to go, it's Chad's company...but i think it's a foolish move.
The community resopnse to Superman and the Doomsday teaser have been positive. We're hopeful buy-in reflects what we are seeing so far. And we have more epic $1000+ pieces planned.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:10 PM   #145
KVC1986
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

How many busts will be planned for a year? Will more than one come out in a year ?
KVC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 09:15 PM   #146
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
At what point does the addiction set in? Another 20 statues with ES's under 200? Gotta let the Bowen thing go, only Iron Studios is gonna pull off what you're saying.

It sounds like you're projecting your wishes onto the entire community plus contradicting your own posts. I don't know why you would want to take one of the cheaper companies and force them to make $1000 pieces. Prime 1 already exists.
All I really wanted to see the Batman Rogue gallery made in the art direction of the Super Powers line. Classic costumes, Bowen 2.0 style sculpts, nothing over the top,
Just awesome right-down-the-middle classic representation, easy to display and doesnt cost an arm and a leg. I think riddler, penguin, freeze and friends wouldve sold damn well, and THEN they woulda had us by the balls. Throw others in here and there for me it wouldve been GAME OVER gotta go to a detox facility level addiction.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 09:17 PM   #147
RealTweeterhead
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVC1986 View Post
How many busts will be planned for a year? Will more than one come out in a year ?
Current plan is 4. One per quarter
Old 11-09-2023, 09:27 PM   #148
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am really hoping that we get some more women characters, other than wonder woman, Harley, and Catwoman. I do know that obviously a Batgirl bust is planned, but there are so many other female characters that could be done.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 10:11 PM   #149
BraveStar
Frackin!

Keep on, keeping on Tweeterhead. That Superman bust is a thing of beauty! It?s going to go on my shelf for sure.
BraveStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 10:39 PM   #150
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTweeterhead View Post
There are 21 pieces in the super powers line. What would be considered "complete"? We can't just make pieces that only sell in the dozens. Chad and the rest of the team are fans and collectors too, and we all have things we would love to make, but we also have a market demand to meet. 21 pieces is a BIG line.
I think 21 between the mixed back is super respectable.
That being said, I think there are several characters that we have been asking for and would sell more than dozens.

Hawkgirl. Nightwing. Raven. Any other Green Lantern. Zatanna. Power Girl.

Maybe some of these are who you have on the radar for next year releases. Man, it sure would be awesome!

I also think, and assume that TH will keep crushing the Batman rogues line. You guys have done a fantastic job for that realm. And MOTU goes without saying.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote