Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Do you want Scale sizes listed by SS on every preview order?
Yes ~ With NRD it's crucial the scale is listed! No more guessing games. 134 92.41%
No ~ Its fine the way it is! 11 7.59%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #111
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
And you know that is done deliberately!
I don't think it's deliberately however stubborness or thinking customers don't care is more like it. Sooner or later they will realize this and hopefully make the change. With today's economical times, I hope they smarten up or get there act on gear. How hard is it to give the consumer a choice rather then p*ssing them off.

9 out of 10 people want scale SS! Doesn't that speak volume?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #112
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I don't think it's deliberately however stubborness or thinking customers don't care is more like it.
A few moths ago I may have agreed with you as that was their response in a Q&A and on their Facebook page when asked why it isn't being disclosed. The question received a lot of customer response as well as multiple threads being created on both this forum and the Freaks board. So they have been aware of its importance to the collector for some time now and yet they continue to do nothing about it. IMO that means they don't want to disclose it because they don't feel it would be beneficial to the marketing of their various Comiquette lines.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #113
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I don't think it's deliberately however stubborness or thinking customers don't care is more like it. Sooner or later they will realize this and hopefully make the change. With today's economical times, I hope they smarten up or get there act on gear. How hard is it to give the consumer a choice rather then p*ssing them off.
How can they think customers don't care about it, they make their PFs in scale and they have gotten tons of feedback including a thread I started on the freaks board about making their scale uniform.

Even Ask sideshow questions have so many about the scale of their products.

I think lack of knowledge about customers wanting stuff to be in the same scale is something they can't hide behind anymore.

I'm losing faith and starting to believe they don't care and just want to decieve the customers on smaller scale items. Either way, they are not getting any more money from me on 1/5 scale Marvel.

At least list the scale so that I can pick and choose what to buy properly.
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #114
sabiansix
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
A few moths ago I may have agreed with you as that was their response in a Q&A and on their Facebook page when asked why it isn't being disclosed. The question received a lot of customer response as well as multiple threads being created on both this forum and the Freaks board. So they have been aware of its importance to the collector for some time now and yet they continue to do nothing about it. IMO that means they don't want to disclose it because they don't feel it would be beneficial to the marketing of their various Comiquette lines.
A G R E E D

They don't want to announce scales because several will make snap judgments based on scale and they will lose out on sales because a LOT of collector's like to stick to one scale. We pick some up that are "close" to "X" scale and just deal with it. If they started to announce scale, they would lose those sales. It's dirty marketing, much like the whole "ONLY NINE left!" on the Avatar AMP suit email about 4-6 months before it came out (which they can't even get rid of now), I don't give the benefit of the doubt anymore. lol
sabiansix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #115
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabiansix View Post
A G R E E D

They don't want to announce scales because several will make snap judgments based on scale and they will lose out on sales because a LOT of collector's like to stick to one scale. We pick some up that are "close" to "X" scale and just deal with it. If they started to announce scale, they would lose those sales. It's dirty marketing, much like the whole "ONLY NINE left!" on the Avatar AMP suit email about 4-6 months before it came out, I don't give the benefit of the doubt anymore. lol
Yes i agree with your statement too.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #116
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabiansix View Post
A G R E E D

They don't want to announce scales because several will make snap judgments based on scale and they will lose out on sales because a LOT of collector's like to stick to one scale. We pick some up that are "close" to "X" scale and just deal with it. If they started to announce scale, they would lose those sales. It's dirty marketing, much like the whole "ONLY NINE left!" on the Avatar AMP suit email about 4-6 months before it came out (which they can't even get rid of now), I don't give the benefit of the doubt anymore. lol
Yeah, the only (x) left is BS they have way more than that. So was that limited quantity bar. I guess once you start deception in your business practice it permeates throughout and creates a big stink.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #117
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
If you expect money up front you should have full disclosure...
Absolutely full disclosure up front Edition Sizes, Comparison pics more accurate release dates etc ... no surprises .
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #118
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
Absolutely full disclosure up front Edition Sizes, Comparison pics more accurate release dates etc ... no surprises .
I agree!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #119
ambasah
Red Skull

Pesonally, I would like them to get some real competition. I wonder what would happen if Bowen or Kotobukiya could make 1/4 scale statues...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #120
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
Pesonally, I would like them to get some real competition. I wonder what would happen if Bowen or Kotobukiya could make 1/4 scale statues...
That would be interesting. I doubt Bowen will want to break out of his mold tho' he's too set in his ways. Koto would be an interesting choice if they improve their paint apps.

I wonder why so many companies have the 1/6-1/7 scale licence but only Sideshow has the 1/4 scale one.