Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-20-2024, 08:05 PM   #661
French Cancan
Deadman

Perfect dear Kate, please, tell the SF community what is the secret of your so perfect tan, so perfectly the same on absolutely all your so perfect body?

Ha ha! You naughty Frenchie!

My secret is that simple.

Thanks to my giant microwave oven, I tan the same way all over my perfect body. And you see? I can even keep my evening dress that highlights my perfect curves thanks to the penetrating and relaxing power of its microwaves.

Sideshow, you see? Next time, just ask Kate.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 11:11 AM   #662
Forps is back
The Avengers

qz33, you should be ashamed of yourself implying i'm here in order to "sell" Sideshow. Why? Is Sideshow LBS, Darks, Tweeterhead or JND in order to need pushing ? 2024's Sideshow OUTSELLS all competition by a factor of 5x-6x (taking into account also price points). You should be ashamed of yourself to even THINK or comment something like that (the same applies to me. I would never think that 2-3 guys here or on Tube could ever be pushing a company).

Regarding other people, well, when you only order 1 or 2 pieces per year, you return the 1 piece you get 3-4 times discovering "problems" (in reality, waiting for Sideshow to lower the price or offer a discount due to the numerous "problems" you always discover) or you even advised a former Sideshow art director here (!!!!), i am not going to say anything. Forps knows a lot more than you even think he knows.

So what about this piece?

The sculpt is OUT OF THIS WORLD. It is a sculpting masterpiece, only Godbottle could give to us, mere mortals admiring art.

The paint job? It is unique and different. It doesnt suit average Joes not ready to accept something new. Nevertheless, let's again stop and talk about details in paint.

Check Sideshow's video.

18sec....I've NEVER seen a better painted base. Prime1's ? A joke having a glossy finish and shine.

22sec.....Crazy paint job. The rust, the variation of colours. Crazy good.

37sec...The same.

57sec....ARE YOU FU....G KIDDING ME!!! This is a paintjob you won't get on a 3k Prime1's piece. INSANE...

1.18min. The same

2.07min. Casuals are mocking the paint scheme on the body when in reality this is perfect for what Sideshow wanted to do.

3.03min... This piece is a FUC...G MASTERPIECE.

Mark my words.

This is going to fetch CRAZY HIGH PRICES in the aftermarket.

This is not for casuals and average Joes.

This belongs in a lounge room with the smell of cigars and a Chesterfield couch.

Sideshow, PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

Do not listen to casuals. TAKE RISKS. Give us DIFFERENT things.

PLEASE.

If ANYONE can show me a better and more ART(S)Y female piece from any company at this price and with the same level of artistic value, i'm not getting 2 Sin PFFs, i'm only getting 1.

So....Just to bring back some random comments when Dejah's first pictures...(i don't want anyone to get offended, so i only have the comments below to laugh your a... Nowadays, Dejah is a masterpiece selling @ INSANE prices).

Given the video quality, it was impossible to compare it to prototype pics.

Based on the video, the skin does not appear to have nearly the same amount of shading as the prototype.
They appear to have done an Aspen. One skin tone with a second color (purple) to add some shading.

She doesn?t appear to be red enough.

The prototype skin paint app was on another level. I never expected a factory to match it. From what i recall, the prototype had more tanned skin. It will be good to see better quality images. The gold parts look good.

I much prefer the redder skin tone of the prototype but the lighting may be making the production piece look lighter.

She looks very pale on these pics?!Where is the hoped-for coppered color? Hopefully bad lighting. Or we'll have to call her the Pink Princess. Well, maybe pink but still beautiful.

I also noticed. The foot looks terrible in the photos.

Prototype paint looks far superior to me. Where?s the beautiful, copper-toned skin?
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 11:17 AM   #663
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Good sign that this is shipping soon. Curious to hear the impressions from people that get this in-hand.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 11:20 AM   #664
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Agree that the "Sideshow shading" looks bad. Sideshow, just let the natural shadows do their job - there is no need to have this.

Besides the shading and the paints on and around the eyes, the statue looks pretty good.

Yea, I have to agree about the paint. Don't like the forced candle-light effect or night time effect.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:23 AM   #665
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
So glad the shading was noticed a while back in another video. I would have lost my NRD on this one.

For this one, I did want to see the in-hand pics and reactions first before getting one. Didn't want to lose the NRD either.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:28 AM   #666
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
well they can have it, i havent been a fan of a single forced lighting or "night time" painted piece theyve put out yet and it seems like every one they do is meet with criticism by the people who care enough to hop on a forum and talk about it. like you said, if i want something with shadows ill light it that way. i give them props for wanting to do something different but setting the factories up for failure and customers for disappointment with a technique a only a master painter can pull off... pretty weak sauce imo

Exactly.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:29 AM   #667
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
That sculpt is fantastic, but that paint, I dont think so

That's what I think. The sculpt is great, but the paint app can kill it.
Old 05-21-2024, 01:16 PM   #668
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
qz33, you should be ashamed of yourself implying i'm here in order to "sell" Sideshow. Why? Is Sideshow LBS, Darks, Tweeterhead or JND in order to need pushing ? 2024's Sideshow OUTSELLS all competition by a factor of 5x-6x (taking into account also price points). You should be ashamed of yourself to even THINK or comment something like that (the same applies to me. I would never think that 2-3 guys here or on Tube could ever be pushing a company).
Ha it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out what you're even referring to. Yesterday was 5 months ago in posting time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Na he can post here, nobody has to PO to comment, goes even more so for appreciative posts that help sells the forum's promoter more statues!

Don't sugar coat it. That hair is atrocious. Even in the video they didn't offer a change to dark lighting to show it looking right. Cuts in the video are way too quick for a reason. Let's see what we get when someone finally posts pics. Yeah Forps is right the artistry of the piece is off the charts but the paint...
Nah that is only justification for why you or (anyone for that matter) can post in this thread. Back when mods here were more on offense they'd shoo people from posting often in threads for pieces they had not ordered. And when the previous art director and other SS reps posted here more mods were very defensive of the SS section. Heck back then the entire forum was more producer centric and defensive. That's what allowed PCS to run unchecked.

If I thought you were a company man or promoting for self interests I'd call you out on it no problem a la GrumpyBear. Nah Forps is a pure fanboy/groupie through and through for his favorite most artsy statues no matter the company.

Now on the statue the sculpt, pose, and sex appeal may be so high it won't matter for the SS sales or the secondary market but, seriously though man that hair is poo poo.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 03:09 PM   #669
MPCanes
The X-Men

Forps may lose artful eye status if he can’t acknowledge poor paintwork.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 06:24 PM   #670
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Forps may lose artful eye status if he can?t acknowledge poor paintwork.
Not poor, my friend. It is DIFFERENT, something your eyes are not used to.

I gave some laughable comments when Dejah's first pictures came up....You see how casuals whined etc and you know how that ended (Dejah becoming a grail).

I would also HATE if Sideshow reads comments of casuals and average Joes here and decides to NOT take any risk in the future, to NOT give us a different take, a "crazy" (for you, for me its PERFECT, i repeat, PERFECT) paint scheme.

This reminds me of the Psylocke PFF with the first portait coming out and casuals mocking it as being "manly" etc. Sideshow back then "listened" to casuals making a new headsculpt (an ATROCIOUS one) and the rest is history (the original one by Maria was offered as the X-Force Variant which is also a grail nowadays).

Check again Sideshow's video, sec by sec (i wrote it above). Check how detailed the paint scheme is (the base, the variation of colours, the rust etc).

I am bored though and i am scared that Sideshow is going to "listen" to casuals and NOT take any risk in the future.

I am here for the art, i want DIFFERENT takes, i want "crazy" new ideas, i want ART in this d.mn hobby.

It is a pity also cause this magnificent piece is going to skyrocket (aftermarket price) the moment it sells out following Dejah's path.

I am hugely disappointed by the lack of guys with a true ARTY eye able to admire something different, something their eyes are not used to see.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote