Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Citizen
Doh!

Question for Vader Bust owners

1. Can the Anakin head possibly be modified to fit the mask over the face?

2. Is it possible to modify the entire bust to be fitted into a full size statue?

To everyone else: I think you guys see where I'm going with this so if you have better alternatives please chime in.

Thank you
Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
Xenomorph79
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

1. Yes, someone did it on the boards a while back. I believe it involved modding the ears a bit.

2. Yes, I don't see why not.

It's an incredible piece.
Xenomorph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

I have this piece (and love it!) so I'll do my best to answer.

1) The head piece would need to be remolded in some way, i.e., significantly smaller, which might make the head piece look off. There's no real need to shrink the head though since both pieces fit fine on their own.
2) That should be quite possible, I think, though it would take lots of work, i.e., matching the scale and materials of the piece and the color. It might be simpler redoing the entire body and just using the head piece. At that point, however, I would recommend buying the EFX bust as that one is more screen accurate.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah i think someone on here altered their face plate and dome to where it could be fit over the head of Anakin. or maybe it was the head they altered. cant remember.
but if your trying to convert it to a life size figure. there are better alternatives to get a life sized Vader than trying to modify the SS bust. that may be a whole lot of work.
you can find really nice props on ebay or in other forums like "the prop den forum" or "the replica prop forum"
if your not a member i would highly recommend you becoming a member. you'll find everything your looking for. and it will even be more film accurate than the SS bust if you want it to. depending on what you get. but if you do the research there are props out there that replicate what Vader looked like on screen. there are even some props out there that have linage to the OT films themselves. definitely something to look into if your willing to put together a life sized Vader.

just something to consider or a different alternative.

hope this helps some.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #5
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I have it but I never took it out of the box
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote