Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
brainyauctions
Doh!

Daredevil bust issue what is up with this version ? pics inside

Hi all

I'm new here, and relatively new to statues, but not collectibles. I have recently aquired a large amount of statues, and am selling them online.

I have this Sideshow Daredevil statue. I understand that there is a red version and a yellow version.

For some strange reason, mine is neither. I noticed the Yellow bust has only one D on his chest just like mine, but mine is a dark red color not a bright red like the other version.

The box it came with shows a red Daredevil with DD and shows a limted number of 300.

Any help with this would be great

Thanks

brainyauctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:57 AM   #2
jetfuel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Repainted im guessing
jetfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
brainyauctions
Doh!

So its a repainted yellow version ? doesn't look repainted at all.. I never bought this from a private collector, they were bought from a major retailer, going out of business, that I invested in.

Here is a shot of a nice big gash on the side, no signs of yellow underneath.... just the skin color of the face

obviously i will be keeping this one cause I doubt anyone would want to buy it with the damage, but it doesn't look repainted, but then again I dont know much about statues... but I it doesn't look like its been repainted with yellow underneath..

Old 11-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #4
jetfuel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

What made me think it was repainted was the bottom of it says "Classic Costume" which is why i thought it would have previously been yellow. But im sure someone with it could tell you exactly.
jetfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
jimmmy
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I'd say repaint. Think the es of yellow dd is 300, and the regular red is 325.
jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:44 AM   #6
o3man
Doh!

i have both red and yellow daredevil lsb. the nameplate that you have is the one that comes with the yellow daredevil. that plus the fact that the chest has a single D and the signage on bottom states it is the classic indicate that you have a repainted yellow daredevil. cheers.
o3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:08 AM   #7
brainyauctions
Doh!

Ok cool thanks for that guys, what types of paint is used to paint on these, I might buy a yellow and get it back to its former glory...

is it possible this was not pianted yellow and came out of the factory like this ?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
ambasah
Red Skull

unlikely. Sideshow doesn't have the best quality control, but even they would've noticed such an error.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

i own both. what you bought is a crappy repaint of the yellow version (classic). notice your nameplate's letters are yellow, there's 'classic' on the underside of the base, the edition size is 300 and there's only one D on the chest?

this means there is now only a maximum of 299 yellow busts. my suggestion is to get it repainted to it's original colors. the yellow version is worth more than the red version. the person that repainted it must have drain bamage.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
IronLungs31

Wow! I feel for you buddy you have been had if you were under the impression that this was one in the line of the DD LSB. Good luck if you're going to try to get your money back. I very seriously doubt that this was produced by Sideshow themselves. If so, then it would have been released during one of their personal auction.