Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-03-2024, 12:10 AM   #31
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Question for the Zatanna fans, what's the red thing on her head? And does it connect to the cheek guards? Is it some sort of weird magical headpiece?
I always assumed it connected and was mystical in some way. Or paid homage to a mystical design. I do not remember seeing her from behind with this because it would part her hair down the middle along the back too.

My love is this design is the fun colors and suit design. The red headpiece is not needed, but I sure won’t turn it down.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:58 AM   #32
prizzy726
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I am curious why a 1:3 bust is faster and cheap than a 1:6 statue. They should be about the same size. What is it about legs that makes them so expensive and complex?
I?d have to go back to the VOD and listen again but he talked about how designing a full figure takes a lot more time and design work as opposed to a bust. He also talked about bases being so hard to design, but as we all know.. just make them simple? It sounded like it was mostly the design time and not the manufacturing time.
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:31 AM   #33
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Question for the Zatanna fans, what's the red thing on her head? And does it connect to the cheek guards? Is it some sort of weird magical headpiece?
Great question. Apparently, it's known as the bughead or lobster head. I read it's a mystic familiar, so it can communicate with Zatanna via magic. But not really sure of the meaning besides a style choice. Maybe nearmint knows?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 08:36 AM   #34
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I read that her costume was based on Japanese styling and some Samurai also had "centipede" adornments on their helmets. Not sure what, or if, it meant anything other than a style. Read that a long time ago...if you google "samurai centipede helmet" there are a lot of examples.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 08:49 AM   #35
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I absolutely love we are finally getting Z in a different costume, but I always thought the red thing made her look like a rooster.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 10:23 AM   #36
nearmint
Phoenix

I've heard it referred to as the lobster. As far as I know, it's purely ornamental.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 11:55 AM   #37
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Ugh, finally a Perez Zatanna....and only half of her....in a scale I do not collect. They will probably do a Perez Deathstroke in this line too. Just to put the knife in deeper.

If Z was full figure 1:6 or 1:4 I would be sleeplessly waiting for the PO.
Same here.

...Even though I already have the SSC Zatanna PF, I'd get this Zatanna too if she was a full body statue sculpted in 1/4 scale. In 1/6 scale would be ok too.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 01:06 PM   #38
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would much prefer full statues to busts. However, 1:6 scale statue is a little small, IMO. I like 1:6 scale figures though.

But when it comes to statues, it would be nice to have them in at least 1:5 scale, if not 1:4.

The Batman, Robin and Batgirl maquettes work fine in terms of scale. They are the best DC statues from TH, IMO. I wish they had produced more statues like those.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TH Batman.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	170365  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 01:15 PM   #39
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
The Batman, Robin and Batgirl maquettes work fine in terms of scale. They are the best DC statues from TH, IMO. I wish they had produced more statue like those.
I thought their first Joker was awesome, too.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 02:23 PM   #40
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I thought their first Joker was awesome, too.
That is a great Joker statue albeit not in the style I want.

I just wish TH would do a Joker in a true classic style that is more congruous with the three maquettes.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote