Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2024, 02:49 PM   #441
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I am just happy to see Forps is back to posting. I did kind of forget which thread I was in for a minute though.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:21 PM   #442
Forps is back
The Avengers

Raphael Phillips has an IMMENSE talent for sculpting.. No need to argue. Forps said it = FACT.

Secure him with an exclusive contract, Sideshow!

You listened to Forps and brought back Mark Newman, the female faces GOAT. Now secure this man.

He is on par with Maria and they should work under the BEST sculptor on this hobby, Will Godbottle.

Godbottle, Godfilova and GodPhillips = sculpting geniuses
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:42 PM   #443
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

I guess I’ll be taking a short hiatus from this side of the forum for a little while again.

With the strong one sided opinions being thrown about (polite way to say it), it kind of reminds me of the Fox News opinion shows, or some of the extremes on the left nowadays (or JND….j/k). Just kind of tiring to see it here too.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:53 PM   #444
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
This is a MAGNIFICENT sculpt
Agreed, this hooked me after I had just sold my yellow/blue Wolvie and wasn't looking to get another. It didn't even sell me at first glance, but like several others here, it quickly began to look better and ultimately amazing. Hell, I don't even collect 1/3 But the look, price, and footprint won me over.

So Forps, where is your stance on metal claws...is it a must for this piece and Wolverine statues in general?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:55 PM   #445
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I guess I?ll be taking a short hiatus from this side of the forum for a little while again.

With the strong one sided opinions being thrown about (polite way to say it), it kind of reminds me of the Fox News opinion shows, or some of the extremes on the left nowadays (or JND?.j/k). Just kind of tiring to see it here too.
This isnt an airport, you dont need to announce your departure.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:55 PM   #446
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Agreed, this hooked me after I had just sold my yellow/blue Wolvie and wasn't looking to get another. It didn't even sell me at first glance, but like several others here, it quickly began to look better and ultimately amazing. Hell, I don't even collect 1/3 But the look, price, and footprint won me over.

So Forps, where is your stance on metal claws...is it a must for this piece and Wolverine statues in general?
Must you…...
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:56 PM   #447
cturner111
Doh!

Any 1/3 piece should go the extra mile.....metal claws is a must. PCS failed on this with the Blade plastic sword. Sideshow has to knock this one outta the park.
cturner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:54 PM   #448
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Must you?...
What?

Quote:
With the strong one sided opinions being thrown about (polite way to say it), it kind of reminds me of the Fox News opinion shows, or some of the extremes on the left nowadays
Ouch, I wouldn't go that far. You can always add people to your ignore list...but if I may suggest, don't take the opinions so seriously, just shrug them off or laugh. We all have our opinions and can get passionate about things we enjoy or care about. Forps is clearly VERY passionate about the hobby, so I enjoy the discourse, but I get why others might not. I certainly don't agree with everything he says (I like my damn video game statues! ) and he could certainly be a tad more diplomatic and less verbose at times, but that's also part of the "fun" of these discussions...but then again, maybe I'm just masochist
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:57 PM   #449
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

forps' diatribes bring all the boys to the yard.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:59 PM   #450
Forps is back
The Avengers

Guys, the sculpt is incredible and Phillips has an incredible talent.

For Forps to put him on par with Panfilova and asking Sideshow to sign an exclusive contract with him, believe me. I know what i am saying.

Forps' eye is second to none.

Sideshow should try to also get Grassetti along with Maria and Godbottle, but Phillips is probably better.

Godbottle should be Panfilova's and Phillips' mentor.

Their sculpts are magnificent.

Trust Forps, guys!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote