Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2024, 05:10 PM   #161
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
WHAT the h..l is this, Sideshow? WHO approved this line ?

This is worse than XM or LBS or even Tweeterhead's DC lines!

Sideshow, this is going to be a complete failure, you are going to lose TONS of money.

We dont want unpainted kits or white Funko Pops or Bowens, we want ART.

This is the WORST ANNOUNCEMENT Sideshow made last 2-3 years. Its laughable!

The GOAT (Forps, me ) simply GOATed in this thread.

That line was a MONSTROSITY!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:12 PM   #162
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Guys, Sideshow producing this unpainted, garage kit line is a sign that there is no connection with the real world.

Managers there dont know what the market wants and HOW Sideshow got successful being the leader and showing the whole market how to do it

Detailed sculpts, comic sculpts with a modern twist, lots of details, lots of shading, striking a balance with the source material but also parting ways with something looking like a toy or oozing a toyish vibe (eg XM or LBS nowadays).

Getting away from sticking with "comic simplicity" (the Bowen-way) cause at 700d or even 1000d, these things are for SUCCESSFUL individuals having a social life and these guys DONT WANT to have things looking 100% like toys.

Ok, these things will always look to outsiders of the hobby like "immature" acquisitions but as the successful MOTU line by Sideshow and then by Tweeterhead (that sells like hot cakes) show, successful individuals (that can fork out 700, 800 or 1000 bucks) want things that can be placed in their houses/man caves and would not be correlated 100% with toys.

This is the famous "Sideshow way". This is what made Sideshow, Sideshow and got her distinct place leaving behind the Bowen-era of "comic simplicity".

I dont know if managers working nowadays for Sideshow understand this or if they have newcomers, outside of the hobby.

This was also the reason or sculpts like that ABOMINATION, the new Ghost Rider, Forps insisted that Will Harbottle and Martin Canale must approve ANY sculpt by ANY sculptor, not named Kucharek Bros or Maria Panfilova and have complete authority to change it or even throw it in the bin. If Harbottle and Canale had complete authority and NO RESTRAINTS, they would probably throw this new Ghost Rider, in the garbage bin.

Sideshow needs a complete revamp and at least ONE manager with a combination of art knowledge and "street"-"market" knowledge.

Someone like Forps, lol. But i dont want the job

Well.....
Old 05-03-2024, 05:19 PM   #163
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Guys, thanks to this Arsham line, I think we found the one Forps opinion we can all agree on
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:22 PM   #164
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Guys, thanks to this Arsham line, I think we found the one Forps opinion we can all agree on
You, little weasel....

What was Sideshow's CEO thinking approving this line and sending out an email?

This was Sideshow's bottom.

The negative feedback everywhere and the harsh words i wrote (lol) probably WOKE UP Sideshow's management.

Sideshow completely changed course after this abomination and 2024 is GOATing.

Please, someone send my new thread to Sideshow's CEO to take some ideas from Forps.

I want to see the ultimate battle. Sideshow (art) vs Prime 1 (inflated action figures).