Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Choose which She-Hulk Entry you like most!
Entry #1 11 10.58%
Entry #4 2 1.92%
Entry #5 1 0.96%
Entry #6 1 0.96%
Entry #9 0 0%
Entry #10 0 0%
Entry #11 9 8.65%
Entry #12 1 0.96%
Entry #14 4 3.85%
Entry #17 2 1.92%
Entry #18 6 5.77%
Entry #20 22 21.15%
Entry #23 45 43.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #511
actionjackson83
Midnighter

actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #512
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
Don't regret cancelling it tbh..am happy with my SS ..def not worth 1000 bucks..congrats to those who got it and liked it
She wasn't a 1000 bucks. And you can keep that imposter of a She-Hulk if you want. It's one of the most God Awful choices of reference art to use for her. She-Hulk is not a toothpick...and if you can't see that in that pic...you are deluding yourself.

Sorry...but that SS She-Hulk is an utter disappointment to me....not sculpt...just choice of reference art to go with. Uggh!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #513
Lockdown
Mephisto

XM She-Hulk for the win. She has the bulk and muscles and the destruction of the tank shows her power. The modern head looks sexy. SS She-Hulk reminds of Gamora.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #514
HeromanPunch
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

SS she hulk still the queen of PF. Looks hot.
HeromanPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:40 PM   #515
iceprince_x
Deadman

I like the stylization of SS She-Hulk but if it's really She-Hulk you like...as the quentessential one...it's really the XM She-Hulk. The face of both portraits and the body built shows the bulk with oozing sex appeal.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #516
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Mine will be here soon, but I will most likely say the SS she hulk will still be my better of the two. The sculpt came right from the way she was drawn in the comics. Great use of mixed media even though I'm a fully sculpted guy. The one main reason I choose the SS version is the huge advantage of the experience of Mark Newman here. His facial sculpts are superior to all xm female faces imo. Yes I know it's comic style. But SS she hulk is comic style too from back in the days. Recently ss used realistic face sculpts but not way back with she hulk. Don't get me wrong I love xm and po many. Just saying I can't wait until they get the experience and masters like Newman, Harbottle, Miller, Schmucher, etc. I hope when my she hulk arrives I will be impress by her.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #517
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Mine will be here soon, but I will most likely say the SS she hulk will still be my better of the two. The sculpt came right from the way she was drawn in the comics. Great use of mixed media even though I'm a fully sculpted guy. The one main reason I choose the SS version is the huge advantage of the experience of Mark Newman here. His facial sculpts are superior to all xm female faces imo. Yes I know it's comic style. But SS she hulk is comic style too from back in the days. Recently ss used realistic face sculpts but not way back with she hulk. Don't get me wrong I love xm and po many. Just saying I can't wait until they get the experience and masters like Newman, Harbottle, Miller, Schmucher, etc. I hope when my she hulk arrives I will be impress by her.
It's comments like these CBG that just make me SMH.

Many, or most of the people that work with / for XM are just as experienced as anyone else at SS...FACT!!!

As much as I like Mark Newman...I don't see anything on the SS She-Hulk PF portrait that is better or worse than the XM portrait. I mean really dude...till XM has more experience and masters like SS...GTFOH with all that damn noise.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #518
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Yeah, it's one thing to offer praise to the sculptors you like, it's entirely an insult to say nobody can possibly be better. The sculpting stable by all companies deserve praise, but really it's not even about the original sculptors that matter in the end, it's actually the production line workers that control the end product you receive.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #519
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I had my order cancelled from Simply Toys last year. Shipped it would of cost me around 800. I have never bought any of these. Is 1k off of Ebay really bad or is it a price I should be able to live with? What I mean is, will this pop up at another time 6 months from now for 700 or 800 shipped? Any help is appreciated.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #520
actionjackson83
Midnighter

$1k's not bad, maybe you can negotiate 10% off if you buy with a paypal invoiced transaction instead so negotiate down to 900 shipped?